Stephenson Locomotive Society
About the Society
The Stephenson Locomotive Society is a national railway society and leading interest group in the research and study of railways and railway locomotion.
The Society aims to provide in depth coverage of matters relating to locomotives and railway operation both old and new encompassing both steam traction and historical study, as well as the contemporary scene and modern traction.
Benefits of Membership
National railway club, with seven branches (referred to as ‘Centres’) which meet in 8 venues:
- London/Home Counties Centre (meeting in Godalming);
- Midlands Centre (meeting in Kidderminster);
- Manchester Centre (meeting in Manchester city centre);
- South Lakeland Centre (meeting in Kendal)
- Newcastle Centre (meeting in Newcastle city centre);
- Teesside Centre (meeting in Middlesbrough and Coulby Newham);
- Ayrshire Centre (meeting in Ardrossan)
Extensive ‘presentation style’ meetings on railway themes organised at Centre level (typically monthly per Centre)
Periodic national meetings, via Zoom, and annual Member’s Weekend.
Magazine, the ‘Journal’, issued six times per year, plus accompanying newsletter on Society news issued six times per year
Family (assuming two persons at same address): £40
New member promotions occasionally apply. For calendar year 2022, for example, new members can join for £15 with membership lasting to 31 December 2022.
How to Join
Join by post.
Go to the Society’s website, and click ‘How to Join’ in left side menu. You can use this link: www.stephensonloco.org.uk/sls_membership.htm. Scroll down and click into ‘application form’. Print the form, complete it and post as directed.